Weavers Beck and Green Lane Mills, Yeadon
Coming Soon Weavers Beck and Green Lane Mills
This is an industrial mill complex located in North West Leeds and was acquired by Yelcon Ltd, part of the Scotfield Group in 2010 as an investment opportunity with redevelopment potential.
The site comprises approximately 15 acres with approximately 200,000 sq. ft. of historic mill buildings, cottages, large brick & stone chimneys and a series of modern industrial buildings together with 2 large mill ponds. At the time of purchase 80% of the buildings were occupied and producing circa £200,000 per annum.
The site had a number of planning difficulties including: –
- Loss of historic industrial buildings
- Loss of mill ponds and loss of wildlife habitat
- Inappropriate design & style of development
Following 12 months of negotiation with local councillors, planning officers and community groups, Yelcon has agreed a scheme that: –
- Retains key historic buildings for conversion in to 46 apartments
- Retention of both stone and brick chimneys
- Retention and conversion of 5 existing cottages and houses
- The loss of the mill ponds to be replaced by a water course which will enhance local ecology and provide wildlife habitat
- Provision of 93 new residential units
- Provision of a 64 bedroomed care home
- In lieu of retaining the historic building, the Council reduced considerably affordable housing numbers and S106 financial contributions
Demolition and site enabling works started in 2016 and construction of the first phase of the development was completed in 2017 and is now fully occupied. Further phases of the mill development have now been released and the second phase of the new build is now underway with over 70% already reserved. The site is marketed under the name of Green Lane Mills for the apartments in the refurbished mill building and Weavers Beck for the new build homes.
Please see our residential page for more details: